Independent producers of natural, fresh & authentic plant based Indian food. Our unique style combines the best of Punjabi cooking, Indian street food and takeaway curry classics. We are mindful of our carbon footprint in every step with passion and focus for doing our best for all kind’s and Mother Earth.
The Indian curry chef position is a wonderful opportunity for the right candidate to join our fast growing sustainable and 100% plant-based food delivery company. We are a fresh meal box delivery company which has achieved phenomenal growth and are now expanding our territories for wide UK coverage.
Indian Curry Chef duties and responsibilities
The Indian Curry Chef role is ideal for a skilled and hands-on person. The role itself is predominately batch cooking as we are not a restaurant or fast food type of operation.
• The Preparation of all produce for cooking
• Following pre-determined batch cooking instructions and specifications
• Receiving, ordering and safely managing inventory of raw products
• Monitoring food production
• Following HACCP system and managing the day-to-day food safety.
• Ogranizing MSP for the next shift
• Planning orders ahead
• Helping and supporting in the overall management of kitchen and packing departments.
• Innovating on new and authentic items and introducing chef specials and seasonal items.
• Training staff
• Ensuring standard portions and quality of items
• Maintaining a clean and safe kitchen and ensuring sanitation practices in the kitchen
Your key roles will be batch cooking of vegan indian dishes which we then distribute in a chilled boxes and in tandem you will need to assist with all kitchen duties. Oxfordshire is a beautiful location with great schools and good quality of life and we would be willing to assist the right candidate with settling into the area.
Indian Curry Chef – Required skills & experience for the role
• An in-depth understanding of authentic spice blending
• Skilled pan-work to bring together flavors
• Experience of preparing Indian street food items
• Ideally, worked at a high end restaurant or hotels
• Minimum 2 years experience of high level work as an Indian curry chef
Indian Curry Chef – Required Education for the role at V-GIYAN
• Good standard of spoken and written English
• Level 2 or equivalent food hygiene certificate
• Formal qualifications of exemplary achievements in hotels or restaurants (desirable)
• Formal certification or accreditation of culinary excellence (desirable)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From £26,400.00 per year
• Discounted or free food
• Housing allowance
• Day shift
• Weekend availability
Indian Curry Chef