• Prepping various meals such as burgers and side orders
• Cook meals / ingredients according to a recipe
• Collaborating with the front of house staff, kitchen manager and other cooks to prepare meals in a timely manner
• Cleaning up the kitchen space after cooking each meal and ensuring the prep area and kitchen is cleaned and sanitised at the end of the shift
• Rotating stock items as per established procedures
• Restocking the pantry and fridge or freezer as necessary
• Minimum level 1 in food safety and hygiene
• Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
• Excellent attention to detail
• One year or more experience as a cook in the fast food industry
• Strong team spirit
• Excellent communication skills
Hours of work are generally long and shift-based, and you should be willing to work evenings, weekends and on public holidays. You might be required to work split shifts, with early starts, time off in the middle of the day and a return to work for a later shift.
What to expect
• The environment is fast paced, with an emphasis on delivering good customer service in a limited time frame. The atmosphere can be hot, noisy and bustling. You may spend a lot of time ‘walking the floor’, moving around on foot or standing. The work can be both physically and mentally demanding.
• You’ll usually wear a company uniform and dress in accordance with appropriate health and safety requirements associated with food preparation.
Chef De Partie