Apply under the EU Settlement Scheme by 30th June 2021


The June 2021 deadline for the EU Settlement Scheme is approaching! But don’t worry – if you are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen who started living in the UK before 31st December 2002, you can still apply to be granted leave to stay in the UK so long as your application is received by 30th June 2021. Below we answer eight frequently asked questions about the EU Settlement Scheme.

7 FAQs about applying for the EU Settlement Scheme

1. How long will it take to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme?
The minimum amount of time an application will take from start to finish is one week. It’s best not to delay your application, however, as if extra evidence is needed, then applications may take up to a month or longer.

2. Are my children included in my EU Settlement application?
Every child needs to submit an individual application. You should complete your own application first and then link your child’s application to yours.

Select the option to apply “using your parent’s residence” then enter your parent’s application number. Your email address can be on your child’s application.

3. What evidence will I need to provide when I apply under the EU Settlement Scheme?
You will need to submit an acceptable form of ID.

If you’re an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, you need a valid passport or valid national identity card. You also need to provide a digital photo of your face.

If you wish to apply for Settled status, you will need to have lived in the UK for a minimum of six months in any 12-month period for a continuous stretch of 5 years. You will be asked to provide proof of this with your application. If the above does not apply to you, it’s possible you may be able to apply for Pre-settled status.

4. Are there any exceptions to applying to the EU Settlement Scheme?
British and Irish passport holders (and those with dual British and Irish citizenship) are exempt.

5. Do I need to apply if I have indefinite leave to remain or permanent residence?
You do not need to apply if you have indefinite leave to enter the UK or indefinite leave to remain in the UK (which should be identified by a stamp in your passport). However, if you wish to live outside of the UK for a continuous period of 5 years in future then you should apply so you don’t lose your Settled status.

6. Do I need a biometric ID or passport to use the EU EXIT ID app?
If you are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen then you will need your identity card or passport; for those outside of the UK then you will need to use a national identity card with a biometric chip.

If you are not an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen and in the UK then you will need a passport, biometric residence card or a biometric residence permit. If you are in the UK, you must use your biometric residence card.

7. Can I still apply if I miss the deadline?
Only exceptional circumstances will be eligible after 30th June 2021, so don’t delay in applying for Settled status.

If you wish to apply for Settled or Pre-settled status, you can still get legal and technical support with your application so long as you act fast. Contact us at Vira International for assistance. If you start your application today, there is still time to enjoy a worry-free 2021 and a great future in the UK.

Get a head start and seek guidance by connecting with our team today.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

We take processes apart, rethink, rebuild, and deliver them back working smarter than ever before.