Tier 2 Visa: Intra-Company Transfer

Is a task incomplete without bringing on board a member from your office overseas? Vira can help transport the talented professional to your UK branch

If your business thrives beyond borders, your UK office might need some help from personnel employed elsewhere.

Company leaders often need to send existing employees to other parts of their business around the world for temporary assignments. In such a circumstance, many people feel that a business visa will do the job. But this is not true. The UK actually has a specific visa designed for this purpose – the Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer (ICT).

Types of Intra-Company Transfers

There are two main subcategories of Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer:

  1. Long-Term Staff – allows you to transfer qualifying existing employees of the overseas entity to the UK, for up to nine years.
  2. Graduate Trainee Staff – designed for graduate trainee programmes for specialist roles. To qualify, professionals must be a recent graduate with at least 3 months’ work experience with your overseas company.
Intra company transfers
Types of Intra Company Transfers

Key Points

The Tier 2 ICT route enables businesses to send their best staff to the UK to impart knowledge and develop other parts of their businesses where they deem those employees’ skills are required. Dependant family members can also accompany the main applicant to the UK on this visa.

It is important to know that the ICT route does not lead to settlement in the UK, and is specifically for temporary assignments.

Businesses who want to benefit from this route must hold a Tier 2 ICT sponsor licence. If you already hold a Tier 2 (General) sponsor licence, we can assist you in adding a tier. Over the years, Vira International has cultivated a glowing portfolio comprising of clients who were assisted in acquiring visas for their foreign personnel. You too can benefit from our expertise and services and bring your talented overseas employees to the UK.

Give us a call to explore your options and receive guidance in this regard.