Our Client is a well known chain of restaurants and is currently looking for a forward thinking and dynamic Head Chef to oversee the running of their Kitchen in our their new bakery. Salary- £35,000 – £40,000 per annum + 10% Bonus and benefits.
Key Benefits: Travel around the world to develop the new MENU.
Preferably Japanese bakery experience.
- Ensuring the smooth running of the day to day management of the kitchen
- Ensuring high levels of Food and Health & Safety are maintained at all times
- Maintaining a high level of food quality for all our menu items is retained at all times
- Ensuring that the food presentation is to the specification required
- Ensuring stock checks are completed at regular intervals with good levels of stock rotation, management and control
- Ensuring our ingredients are of good quality
- Staff Management including shift planning, updating relevant systems, recruitment, training and development
- Managing the performance of the team through ongoing evaluations, listening, training and mentoring
- Understanding reports regarding cost control and expenditure alongside revenue
- Maintaining food costs and labour control
- Work closely with the Operations Manager to ensure the appropriate standards are being meet
- 2 year’s experience in a similar role within the restaurant industry, it would be desirable for experience of Asian cuisine
- A strong understanding of Food, Health & Safety including COSHH and HACCP
- You must have strong communication skills with the ability to communicate with people at all levels and effectively coach and development your team
- Experience of managing a large kitchen brigade
- Works well in a pressurised and busy environment
- Outstanding problem solving and organisational skill
- Hardworking, self motivated and dedicated about the position
- A good understanding of budgeting, forecasting and labour control
- Good working knowledge of general computer systems
Are you eligible to work in UK?
Do you have Minimum 3 years experience as a chef?
Suitable candidate must have relevant experience of working in a similar environment.
You should be eligible to live and work in the UK Please note only successful candidates will be contacted
If this sounds like the job for you please apply today!!!