Our client is recruiting for a junior sous-chef to join their team in 2021.
Situated in Edinburgh, Scotland this will be a live-in role working as a key part of the kitchen staff for a hotel that will be offering a specialist Asian-fusion menu.
Job title: Junior Sous-chef
Reporting to: General Manager
Responsible for: Kitchen Management
Location: Edinburgh, UK
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the General running of the kitchen.
• Managing the kitchen staff, including setting the rota, and handling disciplinary and HR issues in the absence of the head chef.
• Taking responsibility for more technical elements of cuisine.
• Creating and implementing the Asian Fusion Menu as a specialist menu for the hotel due to demand.
• Train, and create documentation for the menu.
• Working within specified budgets.
• Ensuring the kitchen meets high standards of quality.
• Completing food hygiene documents to comply with the law and writing environmental health reports when necessary.
• Establishing strong relationships with staff in other areas of the business, including managers and front of house teams.
• Cook Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
• Being the voice of the kitchen when communicating with waiters and bar staff.
• Ordering supplies and negotiating with suppliers.
• Managing inventory and keeping control of stock.
• Organizing produce and ensuring strict adherence to food hygiene regulations.
• Supervising all food preparation.
• This is a live-in position in the hotel in the UK.
• VISA will be provided.
• Minimum of 2 years live in.
• Helping to train more junior members of staff.
• Assuming responsibility for stock takes.
• Learning the ordering systems.
• Meeting with suppliers.
• Health and safety, and food hygiene responsibilities.
• Strong understanding of hospitality sector and all relevant kitchen practices
• Passionate about the food industry.
• Ambition to succeed and strong desire to always improve.
• Ability to work consistently under pressure.
• Understanding of health and safety procedures (including all Covid-19 guidance related to hospitality).
• Excellent leadership skills
• Great communication skills and ability to work well as part of a team.
• Organized, with a strong eye for detail.
At least three years’ experience in a similar role.
Relevant professional qualifications relating to food preparation.
Able to re-locate due to the role being a live-in position for a minimum of two years.
Employee Salary and Benefits:
37.5 hours per week
28 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
About Vira International:
We are a specialist International Consultancy, founded in 1970 with offices in London, Mumbai, Goa, Cochin, Darjeeling and Nepal. Vira International Ltd is an OISC registered immigration firm, providing immigration advice and services to a wide range of clientele. Our client list in the UK includes reputed hotel chains, restaurants, IT and telecommunication companies, finance and leisure companies, Radio and TV channels, Educational institutes certified by QAA/BAC/Edexcel etc. For honest and expert advice call or email us.