Our client is a highly rated Indian restaurant in Hatch End that is looking for an experienced head chef to join their team.
As head chef you will be enthusiastic, self-motivated and ready to embrace fast paced work whilst managing a team.
You will be a natural leader and able to deliver consistent excellent results in a busy, fast paced environment.
About the role:
You will be working closely with chefs of all levels to deliver and manage all food preparation and relevant kitchen activities for a busy high street restaurant.
You will oversee everything that goes on in the kitchen, preparing and creating a variety of dishes and delivering consistent high-quality results whilst managing the performance and duties of all key kitchen staff.
As a key member of the team, you may find that your shifts cover days, evenings and weekends so flexibility is key, as is the ability to maintain a healthy work-life balance.
– Overall responsibility for the kitchen’s daily operations.
– Preparing and creating a wide range of dishes to be served throughout the restaurants opening hours.
– Management of all kitchen staff.
– Providing feedback and ideas for new dishes and items for seasonal menu’s.
– Interviewing/hiring of new staff.
– Monitoring and control of stock levels.
– Implementing all relevant health and safety/hygiene procedures in the kitchen.
– Maintaining a consistent high standard of performance in a fast-paced environment.
– Ensuring all kitchen activities meet and comply with up-to-date COVID-19 rules and regulations.
– Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in a similar role.
– RQF Level 2 (Or similar qualification) in catering/food preparation desirable.
– Competent level of English (both written and spoken).
– Excellent knowledge of all kitchen sections/operations.
– Experience producing a wide range of food dishes and excellent knowledge of the catering industry.
– Awareness of Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations (COSHH) and chemical safety.
– Awareness of manual handling techniques.
– Ability to work well and provide consistent results under pressure.
– Leadership/Management skills.
– High level of attention to detail.
– Highly motivated and able to work unsupervised.
£38,000 per annum
48 hours per week
About Vira International:
We are a specialist International Consultancy, founded in 1970 with offices in London, Mumbai, Goa, Cochin, Darjeeling and Nepal. Vira International Ltd is an OISC registered immigration firm, providing immigration advice and services to a wide range of clientele. Our client list in the UK includes reputed hotel chains, restaurants, IT and telecommunication companies, finance and leisure companies, Radio and TV channels, Educational institutes certified by QAA/BAC/Edexcel etc. For honest and expert advice call or email us.