Our client, a chain of popular hotels, offers accommodation up to 160 people, and host an on-site restaurant serving English, Far Eastern or Continental cuisine. They are looking to recruit Commis Chef to join their exciting team.
- To assist in all sections of the kitchen, under supervision of Section Chefs. Tasks will include preparing ingredients and commodities in preparation for cooking, as well as cooking.
- To undertake training as instructed by the Head Chef. This will include NVQ training.
- Receipt and storage of all provisions, fresh and frozen, in accordance with current food hygiene regulations including correct stock rotation and storage. Ensuring that all food is labelled clearly and correctly.
- Checking all menus to ensure foodstuffs required have been received and are prepared on time and to the required standard.
- Cleaning according to the cleaning schedules.
- To provide assistance in the absence of other Section Chefs as instructed by the Head Chef or his Deputy.
- To undertake further training when required.
- Any other reasonable duties required by the Head Chef
Suitable candidates must have minimum 3 years relevant experience of working in a similar environment.
- Ability to demonstrate an eye for detail, leading by example and teaching at every opportunity.
- Suitable candidate will have good culinary skills.
- Must have a confident, approachable and motivating personality.
Interested candidates apply now!!!
Intial Accommodation – 4 weeks provided by the hotel