Dependent Visa

Home- Dependent Visa

If you are a family member of a PBS Migrant or are a Settledperson (Permanent resident/ British) in the UK,you may apply to join them in the UK as their dependant.


As a family member of a PBS migrant you will be first granted a visa (Leave to enter) in line with the Tier2 General Migrants (yourPartner or Parent) whereas, in case of a family member of a settled person, your leave may vary depending on your relation with the sponsor(TheSettled person).


For example; if you applied as a partner or a parent you will be initially granted 33 months’ visa, or 6 months leave as an engaged partner or proposed civil partner, andleave without time limit if the application is made to join your British or settled parents etc.


To qualify as a dependent, you must prove that:

  • You’re 18 or over, unless you’re applying as a child
  • Your relationship is genuine and subsisting
  • You intend to continue living with your family member in the UK
  • You and your family member have adequate accommodation/place to live in the UK.
  • You have a good knowledge of English ( if you are 18 or over), unless you are applying as an adult dependent relative (NOT APPLICABLE FOR PBS DEPENDANTS)
  • You must meet the financial requirement, if you are applying as a dependant of a settled person or adequate maintenance requirement, in case of PBS dependant. In Some cases, you can meet the financial requirement by proving adequate maintenance rather than meeting an income threshold.


Your application will be unsuccessful if the above listed criteria are not met.  The application might also be refused for other reasons such as,a criminal record in the UK or in another country, if you provided false or incomplete information to the Home Office etc.


Vira International provides end to end immigration services for all types of dependant visa. Our service starts from the initial phone or email enquiry right until your visa approval. For further information please email or /