UK Permanent residence for EEA National
If you are nationals of EU/ EEA and considering applying for British Citizenship you would first need to make an application for permanent residency in the UK. Vira International would be able to assist you with applications at both stages, with the help and guidance from an experienced and certified immigration consultant.
Permanent Residency in the UK
All EEA/EU nationals are required to obtain a ‘Certificate of Permanent Residence’ confirming the right to stay in the UK indefinitely under the immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006 (‘the EEA Regulations’). Swiss nationals are also covered under these rules. A permanent residence card issued by UKVI is required as an evidence of settlement for applicants from Switzerland or the European Economic Area or their non-EEA direct family members to apply for British passport.
You can apply for a document certifying permanent residence if you’ve lived in the UK for 5 years as a qualified person. This will prove your right to live in the UK permanently.
You can also apply if you are the family member of a qualified person, or you have a retained right of residence. You must have lived in the UK for 5 years.
You must normally have lived in the UK for a continuous period of five years as:
- A family member of extended family member* of an EEA national qualified person or permanent resident.
- A former family member of an EEA national if you’ve retained your right of residence after the EEA national died or left the UK, or your/their marriage or civil partnership ended in divorce, annulment or dissolution, or
- A family member of a British citizen who worked or was self-employed in another EEA state before returning to the UK (‘Surinder Singh’ cases).
You can also qualify if you are:
- An EEA national former worker or self-employed person who has ceased activity in the UK because you have retired, are permanently incapacitated, or you’re now working or self-employed in another EEA state but still retain your residence in the UK
- The family member or extended family member* of an EEA national who has ceased activity, or
- The family member or extended family member* of an EEA national former worker or self-employed person who has died.
Apply Indefinite Leave to Remain
After you have lived legally in the UK for a certain length of time, you may be able to apply for permission to settle here. Your right to apply for settlement will depend on your current immigration category.
If you are considering applying for settlement in
Permanent Residence and Citizenship in UK
You may be eligible to apply for British Citizenship, depending on your current nationality and your immigration status in the UK at the time of application
Vira International has trained and experienced OISC certified imm
Naturalisation and Citizenship in UK
A company’s biggest asset is it’s employees, and every company revolves around its people and the process of hiring begins within the human resources department.In the absence of this department it would be impossible for
Vira International Ltd. has several consultants that are registered with and authorised by the OISC to offer immigration advise in the UK.We currently act as representatives of and manage the sponsor management system (SMS) for over 150 UK companies. We offer honest advice and always act in best interest of our clients. It is our endeavour