With the huge shortage of Nurses in the UK, thousands of vacancies remain unfilled by nurse from within the EU countries; The huge demand for nurses in the UK has meant that the UK must rely on staff from outside the EU, hence most nursing roles have been classified under the UKVI’s ‘Shortage category’ ‘Shortage category’
To work as a Registered Nurse in the UK, an overseas trained nurse must be registered with the regulatory body, ‘The Nursing and Midwifery Council’ (NMC).
Prior to registering with the NMC a trained nurse must meet the NMC standards.The NMC will verify and certify the training and qualification gained overseas in the Nurses country, to confirm that they meet the EU standards.
- Fluency in English IETLS Level 7
- 3 / 4 Degree/Diploma in Nursing
- Registration in Their own country
- One Years’ of work experience in a Hospital.
- A confirmed job offer from UK employer registered as a sponsor in the UK
- Certificate of Sponsorship
- OSCE examination after arriving in the UK