0870 9909007

UK Visas

Indefinite Leave to Remain   


After you have lived legally in the UK for a certain length of time, you may be able to apply for permission to settle here. This is known as 'Indefinite Leave to Remain'.

Your right to apply for settlement will depend on your current immigration category, to find out whether and when you can currently apply for settlement, please email

If you are considering applying for settlement in the future, please note that the Immigration Rules are subject to change. You must meet all the requirements of the Immigration Rules at the time when you make your application.

Applicants for settlement must show that they have knowledge of language and life in the UK.

*Individuals that held HSMP status prior to November 2006 may be eligible for ILR after 4 years in this capacity.

Life in the UK test

All applicants' including dependents over the age of 18 have to pass a 'Life in the UK' test as part of the process.


An application for ILR must be submitted to the UK Border Agency prior to an applicant's permission expiring.

Applications can be submitted either through the postal system which will take a minimum of 13 weeks to process during which time the applicant's passport must remain with the UKBA (unless required by another UK Government department or the individual's diplomatic mission), or, through UKBA's 'Fast Track' same day service for which a premium application fee is payable.

We have a number of fast track slots available to assist clients with the same day service. Please email for a consultation for indefinite leave to remain.

Employers recruiting from the migrant work force?

Need Assistance with Sponsorship License?

UKBA news

Reach Us

Vyman House,
104 College Road
Harrow, Middx
HA1 1BQ, United Kingdom

0870 9909007

0870 9909008

Quick Connect

Find us on

Copyright © 2012 Vira international. All Rights Reserved.
Sitemap | Anchored by ARTISARK