uk visa and immigration

0870 9909007

uk immigration visas

Citizenship   uk immigration visas

Depending on your current citizenship or nationality, you may be able to apply in several ways.

If you are over 18 and have been living in the United Kingdom for the last five years (or three years if you are married to or a civil partner of a British citizen) you may be able to apply for naturalization as a British citizen. You may also be able to apply for naturalization if you or your husband, wife or civil partner is in crown or designated service outside the United Kingdom.

Having lived 5 years in the UK plus 12 months with Indefinite Leave to Remain, you may qualify to apply for your British Citizenship by naturalization.

Becoming a British citizen is a significant life event.

For your application to succeed you will need to show that you satisfy a number of requirements that are set out in British nationality law. Naturalisation is not an entitlement. It is a matter of law as set out in the British Nationality Act 1981. The Home Secretary may exercise his discretion to naturalise you only if you satisfy a number of statutory requirements

As you currently hold an Indian Passport, you should be aware that under the nationality laws you will automatically lose your Indian nationality when you become a British Citizen.

In order to Qualify:

You must:

1. Be aged 18 or over when you apply

2. Of sound mind, so that you understand the step you are taking

3. Intend to continue to live in the UK

4. Be able to communicate in English to an acceptable degree

5. Have sufficient knowledge about life in the UK

6. Be of good character

7. Have lived in the UK for a minimum of 5 years before you apply and have been free from immigration time restrictions during the last 12 months of this period ( i.e. have a sticker in your passport saying that you have indefinite leave to enter or remain for at least 12 Months.)

During the 5 year period you should not have been absent from the UK for more than 450 days of which no more than 90 days should have been taken in the last 12 months

To help us determine your eligibility for naturalisation we need to know a little about your partner, if you have one. On this part of the form we use the term "Partner" to mean your husband, wife, civil partner or a person you live with as if they were your husband, wife or civil partner. If your partner is not a British citizen and would like to apply, they we will need to make a separate application for them. We cannot treat your form as an application for your partner to be naturalised as a British citizen.

Your application must be endorsed by two referees. Each referee should have known you personally for at least 3 years.

For a consultation please call 0870 9909007 or email

Employers recruiting from the migrant work force?

uk visa and immigration

Need Assistance with Sponsorship License?

uk visa immigration

uk immigration solicitors

uk immigration visa

UKBA news

Reach Us

Vyman House,
104 College Road
Harrow, Middx
HA1 1BQ, United Kingdom

0870 9909007

0870 9909008

Quick Connect

Find us on

Copyright © 2012 Vira international. All Rights Reserved.
Sitemap | Anchored by ARTISARK